Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Fabrication of Ultra-thin Color Films with Highly Absorbing Media Using Oblique Angle Deposition
- Fabrication of Ultra-thin Color Films with Highly Absorbing Media Using Oblique Angle Deposition
- Yoo, Young Jin; Lee, Gil Ju; Jang, Kyung In; Song, Young Min
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, Kyung In
- Issue Date
- JOVE-JOURNAL OF VISUALIZED EXPERIMENTS(126)
- Article Type
- Coloration; Electronics and Electrical Engineering; Engineering; Highly Absorbent Media; Issue 126; Oblique Angle Deposition; Optical Coating; Optoelectronics (Applications); Thin-Film; Ultra-Thin
- Ultra-thin film structures have been studied extensively for use as optical coatings, but performance and fabrication challenges remain. We present an advanced method for fabricating ultra-thin color films with improved characteristics. The proposed process addresses several fabrication issues, including large area processing. Specifically, the protocol describes a process for fabricating ultra-thin color films using an electron beam evaporator for oblique angle deposition of germanium (Ge) and gold (Au) on silicon (Si) substrates. Film porosity produced by the oblique angle deposition induces color changes in the ultra-thin film. The degree of color change depends on factors such as deposition angle and film thickness. Fabricated samples of the ultra-thin color films showed improved color tunability and color purity. In addition, the measured reflectance of the fabricated samples was converted into chromatic values and analyzed in terms of color. Our ultra-thin film fabricating method is expected to be used for various ultra-thin film applications such as flexible color electrodes, thin film solar cells, and optical filters. Also, the process developed here for analyzing the color of the fabricated samples is broadly useful for studying various color structures.
- MYJoVE Corporation
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringBio-embedded Electronics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.