Cited 1 time in
Cited 2 time in
A Study of an Implementable Sun Tracking Algorithm for Portable Systems
- A Study of an Implementable Sun Tracking Algorithm for Portable Systems
- Choi, Ju-Yeop; Choy, Ick; Song, Seung-Ho; An, Jin Ung; Lee, Dong Ha; Kim, Jung-Won
- DGIST Authors
- An, Jin Ung; Lee, Dong Ha
- Issue Date
- Journal of Power Electronics, 13(6), 1051-1057
- Article Type
- Algorithms; Alternative Energy; Altitude Control; Astronomical Calculation; Astronomical Calculations; Portable Equipment; Portable System; Portable Systems; Sensors; Sun-Tracking; Tilt Effects; Tracking (Position)
- This paper proposes an implementable sun tracking algorithm for portable systems powered by alternative energy sources. The proposed system uses a 2-axis tilt sensor and a 3-axis magnetic sensor to measure the orientation and posture of the system, according to a horizon coordinates system, and compensate for tilt effects. Then, through an astronomical calculation, using the present time and position information obtained from GPS sensors, the azimuth and altitude of the sun in that location is calculated and converted to portable sun tracking system coordinates and used to control the A- and C-axes of the system.
- KOREAN INST POWER ELECTRONICS
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.