Cited 5 time in
Cited 6 time in
Theory of perpendicular magnetocrystalline anisotropy in Fe/MgO (001)
- Theory of perpendicular magnetocrystalline anisotropy in Fe/MgO (001)
- Odkhuu, Dorj; Yun, Won Seok; Rhim, S. H.; Hong, Soon Cheol
- Issue Date
- Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 414, 126-131
- Article Type
- Anisotropy; Fe Layer; Fe/MgO; Magnesia; Magnetocrystalline Anisotropy; Spin-Orbit Coupling; Spin-Orbit Couplings; Surface Layers
- The origin of large perpendicular magnetocrystalline anisotropy (PMCA) in Fe/MgO (001) is revealed by comparing Fe layers with and without the MgO. Although Fe-O p-d hybridization is weakly present, it cannot be the main origin of the large PMCA as claimed in previous study. Instead, perfect epitaxy of Fe on the MgO is more important to achieve such large PMCA. As an evidence, we show that the surface layer in a clean free-standing Fe (001) dominantly contributes to EMCA, while in the Fe/MgO, those by the surface and the interface Fe layers contribute almost equally. The presence of MgO does not change positive contribution from , wherease it reduces negative contribution from and . © 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.