Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Correlation Between Chemical Composition and Efficiency of Cu2ZnSnS4 Solar Cells Prepared by a Solution Process
- Correlation Between Chemical Composition and Efficiency of Cu2ZnSnS4 Solar Cells Prepared by a Solution Process
- Park, Si-Nae; Sung, Shi-Joon; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- DGIST Authors
- Sung, Shi-Joon; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(8), 8648-8653
- Article Type
- Annealing; Chemical Composition; Chemical Compositions; Coatings; CZTS; Decomposition; Deposition; Efficiency; Film Preparation; Large-Area Deposition; Pre-Annealing; Preannealing; Quality Control; Solar Absorbers; Solar Cell; Solar Cells; Solar Control Films; Solution-Based Process; Solution Process; Spin-Coating Method; Thermal Decomposition Behavior; Zinc
- Solution-based Cu2ZnSnS4 (CZTS) solar cells are attracting a lot of attention as a strong alternative to vacuum-based CZTS solar cells owing to their simple and low-cost process, large area deposition, and so on. Typically, the solution-based process consists of two steps: coating with precursor solution and annealing of the precursor films. Unlike vacuum-based deposition, the precursor solution contains unnecessary elements in order to form high quality precursor films, and thus, the precise control of the chemical composition of CZTS absorbers is essential for achieving highly efficient CZTS solar cells. In this work, we have investigated the correlation between chemical composition and efficiency of CZTS solar cells prepared by a spin coating method. The composition of the CZTS precursor solution is controlled in order to obtain optimized chemical composition of CZTS absorbers. Pre-annealing of CZTS precursor films is also varied to confirm the effect of thermal treatment on the chemical composition of CZTS absorbers. Due to the different thermal decomposition behaviors of metal precursors in CZTS precursor solutions, the chemical composition of CZTS absorbers are considerably affected by the pre-annealing temperature. The efficiency of CZTS solar cells is closely related to the chemical composition of CZTS absorbers and the CZTS solar cell with Cu/(Zn+Sn) = 0.75 and Zn/Sn = 1.10 exhibited JSC, VOC, FF, and efficiency of 0.58 V, 17.28 mA/cm2, 52.1%, and 5.18%, respectively. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.