Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
Convergence innovation of the textile machinery industry in Korea
- Convergence innovation of the textile machinery industry in Korea
- Lee, Kong Rae; Yun, Jinhyo Joseph; Jeong, Eui Seob
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Kong Rae; Yun, Jinhyo Joseph
- Issue Date
- Asian Journal of Technology Innovation, 23, 58-73
- Article Type
- Convergence Innovation; Korea; Specialised Textile Machinery Suppliers; Textile Firms; User Firms
- This paper aims to explore why the Korean textile machinery industry failed in competence building although its strong user sector, the textile industry of Korea, was once ranked high with strong competence. It argues that local user firms of the textile machinery industry did not play a role in building up the competence of specialised suppliers through convergence innovation. The diversity of textile machinery is so large that their convergence types of innovation are distinctive in creating new functions and products. The convergence innovation between the two industries and the resultant positive synergy has not been generated much in Korea. Strong user firms rather escaped from cooperative work with specialised suppliers, which otherwise may have generated convergence innovation and strengthened their competence. Weak convergence innovation by both textile firms and specialised suppliers caused their economic activities concurrently downturned. The Korean textile machinery industry and its user sector have lost their competence in relatively short period. © 2015 Korean Society for Innovation Management and Economics (KOSIME).
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence ScienceManagement of Innovation Program1. Journal Articles
Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.