Cited 0 time in
Cited 8 time in
Optical function spectra and bandgap energy of Cu2SnSe3
- Optical function spectra and bandgap energy of Cu2SnSe3
- Choi, Suk Geun; Kang, Jin Kyu; Li, Jian; Haneef, Hamna F.; Podraza, Nikolas J.; Beall, Carolyn L.; Wei, Suhuai; Christensen, S. T.; Repins, Ingrid L.
- DGIST Authors
- Kang, Jin Kyu
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 106(4)
- Article Type
- Complex Dielectric Functions; Density Functional Theory; Electronic Origin; Energy Gap; Experimental Spectra; Monoclinic Phase; Optical Function; Optical Structures; Room-Temperature; Spectroscopic Ellipsometry; Tauc-Lorentz Models
- We present the optical function spectra of Cu2SnSe3 determined from 0.30 to 6.45 eV by spectroscopic ellipsometry (SE) at room temperature. We analyze the SE data using the Tauc-Lorentz model and obtain the direct-bandgap energy of 0.49 ± 0.02 eV, which is much smaller than the previously known value of 0.84 eV for the monoclinic-phase Cu2SnSe3. We also perform density-functional theory calculations to obtain the complex dielectric function data, and the results show good agreement with the experimental spectrum. Finally, we discuss the electronic origin of the main optical structures. © 2015 AIP Publishing LLC.
- American Institute of Physics Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.