Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
On-chip magnetometer for characterization of superparamagnetic nanoparticles
- On-chip magnetometer for characterization of superparamagnetic nanoparticles
- Kim, Kun Woo; Reddy, Venu; Torati, Sri Ramulu; Hu, Xing Hao; Sandhu, Adarsh; Kim, Cheol Gi
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Cheol Gi
- Issue Date
- Lab on a Chip: Miniaturisation for Chemistry and Biology, 15(3), 696-703
- Article Type
- Chemistry; Controlled Study; Devices; Electric Potential; Lab-on-A-Chip; Lab-on-A-Chip Devices; Magnetic Nano-Particle; Magnetite Nanoparticle; Magnetite Nanoparticles; Magnetometer; Magnetometry; Nanoanalysis; Nanofabrication; Nanosensor; Oscillation; Particle Size; Priority Journal; Signal Detection; Superparamagnetic Nanoparticle; Unclassified Drug
- An on-chip magnetometer was fabricated by integrating a planar Hall magnetoresistive (PHR) sensor with microfluidic channels. The measured in-plane field sensitivities of an integrated PHR sensor with NiFe/Cu/IrMn trilayer structure were extremely high at 8.5 μV Oe-1. The PHR signals were monitored during the oscillation of 35 pL droplets of magnetic nanoparticles, and reversed profiles for the positive and negative z-fields were measured, where magnitudes increased with the applied z-field strength. The measured PHR signals for 35 pL droplets of magnetic nanoparticles versus applied z-fields showed excellent agreement with magnetization curves measured by a vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM) of 3 μL volume, where a PHR voltage of 1 μV change is equivalent to 0.309 emu cc-1 of the volume magnetization with a magnetic moment resolution of ∼10-10 emu. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Kim, Cheol Gi
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.