Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Analysis of peak effect in the critical current density and flux pinning properties in iron based superconducting Ca10(Pt4As 8)(Fe2-xPtxAs2)5 single crystal
- Analysis of peak effect in the critical current density and flux pinning properties in iron based superconducting Ca10(Pt4As 8)(Fe2-xPtxAs2)5 single crystal
- Ahmad, Dawood; Min, Byeong Hun; Lee, Jung Hee; Kim, Gun Cheol; Kim, Young Cheol; Kwon, Yong Seung
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, Yong Seung
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 507(PART 1)
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Activation Energy; Calcium; Collective Pinning Theory; Crystal Growth From Melt; Flux Pinning; Low Temperature Regions; Magnetization; Magnetization Dependence; Measured Temperatures; Pinning Force Density; Pinning Properties; Platinum; Single Crystals; Superconductivity; Temperature; Temperature Regions; Thermally Activated Flux Motion
- We present the magnetic properties of the iron based superconducting Ca10(Pt4As8)(Fe2-xPt xAs2)5 (x =0.01) single crystal as a function of field and time. The single crystals were grown by Bridgman method and showed Tc of 32 K. The results show that the well-known secondary peak effect becomes prominent in certain temperature range in the field dependent magnetic hysteresis. Moreover, the maximum of pinning force density F max versus Hmax follows a scaling law Fp,max 49.5Hmax3/2 indicating the single type pinning mechanism is involved in the sample within our measured temperature range. The time dependence of the magnetization indicates thermally activated flux motion and the relaxation rate reveals a plateau in the temperature region where secondary peak effect is more prominent after that a sudden increase is observed. We found that the magnetization dependence of activation energy U obtained by Maley's method follows a power law in low temperature region with exponent μ 0.15 which is in good agreement with collective pinning theory. © Published under licence by IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Kwon, Yong Seung
Quantum Functional Materials Laboratory
High Tc Superconductors and magnetic materials; Thermoelectric Materials
There are no files associated with this item.
- Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Functional Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.