Cited 18 time in
Cited 19 time in
Fabrication and thermoelectric properties of crystal-aligned nano-structured Bi2Te3
- Fabrication and thermoelectric properties of crystal-aligned nano-structured Bi2Te3
- Kim, Dong-Hwan; Kim, Cham; Ha, Dong-Woo; Kim, Hoyoung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Dong-Hwan; Kim, Cham; Kim, Hoyoung
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509(17), 5211-5215
- Article Type
- Alignment; Carrier Concentration; Carrier Mobility; Crystal Alignment; Crystals; Electric Conductivity; Electric Sparks; Electrical Resistivity; High Magnetic Field; High Magnetic Fields; Magnetic Field Effects; Magnetism; Nano-Structured; Nano-Structures; Nanostructure; Sintered Body; Slip-Casting Method; Spark Plasma Sintering; Thermo-Electric; Thermo-Electric Performance; Thermo-Electric Properties
- With a view to experimental demonstration for an improved thermoelectric performance, a slip casting method under high magnetic field for uni-directionally aligned crystals has been investigated. The sintered body of Bi2Te3 powder, its size between 300 and 500 nm, green-bodied under 6 T magnetic field showed a 33% variation in the fraction of the directionally aligned crystals. According to increasing this fraction, electrical resistivity was reduced with keeping thermal conductivity and Seebeck coefficient unchanged. This could be explained from the fact that the aligned crystals by magnetic field has increased the carrier mobility keeping carrier concentration unchanged. © 2011 Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.