Cited 0 time in
Cited 7 time in
Binding behavior of CRP and anti-CRP antibody analyzed with SPR and AFM measurement
- Binding behavior of CRP and anti-CRP antibody analyzed with SPR and AFM measurement
- Lee, Soo Keun; Kim, Hyun Chul; Cho, Sang Joon; Jeong, Sang Won; Jeon, Won Bae
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Soo Keun; Kim, Hyun Chul; Jeong, Sang Won; Jeon, Won Bae
- Issue Date
- Ultramicroscopy, 108(10), 1374-1378
- Article Type
- Acoustic Microscopes; AFM Imaging; Amine Groups; Amines; Amplitude Modulation; Antibodies; Antibody; Atomic Force Microscope; Atomic Force Microscopy; Binding Behaviors; Biosensing Techniques; Biosensor; Bis(N Succinimido) 11,11' Dithiobis(Undecyl Succinate); C-Reactive Protein; C Reactive Protein; C Reactive Protein Antibody; Chlorine Compounds; Comparative Analysis; Comparative Anatomy; Crystallography; Extreme Ultraviolet Lithography; Gold; Gold Compounds; Gold Metallurgy; Gold Surfaces; Imaging Techniques; Microscopy, Atomic Force; Mineralogy; Missile Bases; Molecular Imaging; Molecular Topologies; N-Hydroxysuccinimide; N Hydroxysuccinimide; Nanofabrication; Organic Compounds; Outside Diameter; Phosphate-Buffered Saline; Pore Diameters; Protein Binding; Protein Structure; Self-Assembled Monolayer; Self Assembly; Sensor; Sensors; Solution Topology; SPR Sensors; Succinic Acid Derivative; Surface Plasmon Resonance; Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensors; Synthesis; Unclassified Drug; X Ray Crystallography
- Atomic force microscope (AFM) was exploited to take picture of the molecular topology of C-reactive protein (CRP) in phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) solution. An explicit molecular image of CRP demonstrated a pentagonal structure composed of five subunits. Dimensions of the doughnut-shaped CRP molecule measured by AFM were about 25 nm in outside diameter and 10 nm in central pore diameter, and the height of CRP molecule was about 4 nm which was comparable to the value determined by X-ray crystallography. Bis(N-succinimido)-11,11′-dithiobis (undecyl succinate) (DSNHS) was synthesized for use as a linker for immobilizing anti-CRP antibody (anti-CRP) onto the gold surface of a surface plasmon resonance (SPR) sensor chip. DSNHS formed self-assembled monolayer (SAM) on the gold surface. By use of an AFM tip, a pattern of ditch was engraved within the SAM of DSNHS, and anti-CRP was immobilized on the engraved SAM through replacement of N-hydroxysuccinimide group on the outside surface of DSNHS by the amine group of anti-CRP. Formation of CRP/anti-CRP complex on the gold surface of SPR sensor chip was clearly demonstrated by measuring SPR angle shift. A consecutive series of SAM, SAM/anti-CRP, and SAM/anti-CRP/CRP complexes was generated on a SPR sensor chip, and the changes in depth of the ditch were monitored by taking AFM images of the complexes. Comparative analysis of the depth differences indicates that binding of CRP to anti-CRP occurs in a planar mode. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.