Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Performance analysis of high throughput mobile satellite services (MSS) in high frequency bands
- Performance analysis of high throughput mobile satellite services (MSS) in high frequency bands
- Lee, Yonghwa; Choi, Jihwan P.
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Jihwan P.
- Issue Date
- 34th AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference, 2016
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Future satellite communication systems should be optimized for mobile services at high frequency bands. In order to keep up with the terrestrial mobile radio communication network and to surmount frequency saturation and scarcity problems, it is an important challenge to consider the property of user mobility and high frequency bands above Ka in the satellite channel. In this paper, with the movement of terminals into account, we compare and evaluate the performance of satellite communication systems according to the change of the channel states which are expressed by the location of the receiver and the surrounding environments for traditional land mobile satellite (LMS) channel models, Lutz’s LMS model, with 2-state Markov chains. The movement of terminals incurs the Doppler effect, which changes the channel condition faster than the weather effect and influences on the carrier frequency shift. Therefore, channel model is analyzed to verify the performance degradation according to the factors that make channel variation in the mobile satellite service (MSS) environment with information theoretical perspective. © 2016, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Inc, AIAA. All rights reserved.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Inc, AIAA
- Related Researcher
Choi, Jihwan P.
NC(Networks and Communications) Research Group
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringNC(Networks and Communications) Research Group2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.