Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Downlink soft handover using multi-cell MIMO for 4G-LTE smart-phones
- Downlink soft handover using multi-cell MIMO for 4G-LTE smart-phones
- Cho, Sunghyun; Choi, Ji-Woong
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Ji-Woong
- Issue Date
- 2014 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics, ICCE 2014, 207-208
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- A downlink soft handover scheme is proposed for cell edge users in 4G-LTE systems. To avoid capacity loss in cell edge areas the proposed handover scheme uses multi-cell MIMO cooperated by multiple base stations. In the proposed scheme, different multi-cell MIMO transmissions are adaptively exploited based on the spatial correlation of a downlink channel and path loss of adjacent cells by comparing ergodic link level capacity. Unlike single-cell adaptive MIMO transmission, the proposed scheme optimizes the subset of antennas from two or more base stations to exploit the spatial decorrelation. Numerical results show that the proposed handover scheme significantly improves the cell edge capacity over the single-cell adaptation in the presence of spatial correlation particularly for handover regions. © 2014 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Choi, Ji Woong
CSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab
Communication System; Signal Processing; Communication Circuit Design; 생체 신호 통신 및 신호 처리; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI); 차세대 교차계층 통신 및 신호 처리; 5G 모바일 통신
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.