Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Capacity analysis of best-effort broadcasting services with reliability constraint
- Capacity analysis of best-effort broadcasting services with reliability constraint
- Kim, Minho; Park, Eun-Chan; Park, Kyung-Joon; Choi, Chong-Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- 2012 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, ICNC'12, 1133-1137
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we consider best-effort broadcast service (BEBS) in wireless cellular networks, which can be used for location-based advertising or real-time multimedia broadcasting. Contrary to the conventional broadcasting service that aims to assure reliable data delivery to all users, we establish the objective of BEBS to maximize the effective capacity of wireless resource at the cost of reliability. In this context, we introduce the notion of target reliability and formulate the problem of maximizing the capacity of BEBS under a constraint of reliability. We derive the analysis model to investigate the effect of target reliability on the achievable capacity and validate the analysis model by comparing the analysis results with the simulation results. Both analysis and simulation results confirm that the BEBS significantly improves the effective capacity by relaxing the reliability constraint, compared to the conventional reliable broadcasting. © 2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Park, Kyung Joon
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.