Cited 0 time in
Cited 9 time in
A novel detection algorithm for ultra wide band short range radar in automotive applications
- A novel detection algorithm for ultra wide band short range radar in automotive applications
- Surendran, Purushothaman; Ko, Seok Jun; Kim, Sang-Dong; Lee, Jong-Hun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Sang-Dong; Lee, Jong-Hun
- Issue Date
- 2010 IEEE 71st Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC 2010-Spring
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Most significant part of radar target detection problems can be solved by using the method of statistical detection theory. Here the objective of the proposed optimal detection algorithm is to give a maximum detection probability for fixed false alarm probability. It is assumed that target is stationary and energy reflected from the target is distributed. The proposed detection algorithm has a squared sliding window in order to combine the reflected signals from the target. As the energy reflected from the target is more distributed, the proposed detector is superior to conventional non-coherent detector. The detection is based on one transmitted pulse against a background of white Gaussian noise (WGN). The performance of the proposed detector is analyzed and simulation has been done in order to verify.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.