Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Thickness-Dependent Phonon Renormalization and Enhanced Raman Scattering in Ultrathin Silicon Nanomembranes
- Thickness-Dependent Phonon Renormalization and Enhanced Raman Scattering in Ultrathin Silicon Nanomembranes
- Lee, Seon Woo; Kim, Kang Won; Dhakal, Krishna P.; Kim, Hyun Min; Yun, Won Seok; Lee, Jae Dong; Cheong, Hyeon Sik; Ahn, Jong Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hyun Min; Lee, Jae Dong
- Issue Date
- Nano Letters, 17(12), 7744-7750
- Article Type
- Band structure; Excitation energy; Hole mobility; Modulation; Nanostructures; Phonons; Raman scattering; Raman spectroscopy; Band structure modulation; Confined acoustic phonons; Enhanced Raman scattering; Photoelastic models; Raman intensities; Silicon nanomembranes; Thickness dependence; Ultra low frequencies; Silicon
- We report on the thickness-dependent Raman spectroscopy of ultrathin silicon (Si) nanomembranes (NMs), whose thicknesses range from 2 to 18 nm, using several excitation energies. We observe that the Raman intensity depends on the thickness and the excitation energy due to the combined effects of interference and resonance from the band-structure modulation. Furthermore, confined acoustic phonon modes in the ultrathin Si NMs were observed in ultralow-frequency Raman spectra, and strong thickness dependence was observed near the quantum limit, which was explained by calculations based on a photoelastic model. Our results provide a reliable method with which to accurately determine the thickness of Si NMs with thicknesses of less than a few nanometers. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Lee, Jae Dong
Light and Matter Theory Laboratory
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics; Ultrafast Dynamics and Optics; Nonequilibrium Phenomena
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Emerging Materials ScienceLight and Matter Theory Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.