Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Chiral magnetoresistance in Pt/Co/Pt zigzag wires
- Chiral magnetoresistance in Pt/Co/Pt zigzag wires
- Yin, Yuxiang; Han, Dong Soo; Kim, June Seo; Lavrijsen, Reinoud; Lee, Kyung Jin; Lee, Seo Won; Kim, Kyoung Whan; Lee, Hyun Woo; Swagten, Henk J. M.; Koopmans, Bert
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, June Seo
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 110(12)
- Article Type
- MAGNETIC DOMAIN-WALLS; 2D ELECTRON-GAS; EXCHANGE; DYNAMICS; MOTION; FILMS
- The Rashba effect leads to a chiral precession of the spins of moving electrons, while the Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction (DMI) generates preference towards a chiral profile of local spins. We predict that the exchange interaction between these two spin systems results in a "chiral" magnetoresistance depending on the chirality of the local spin texture. We observe this magnetoresistance by measuring the domain wall (DW) resistance in a uniquely designed Pt/Co/Pt zigzag wire and by changing the chirality of the DW with applying an in-plane magnetic field. A chirality-dependent DW resistance is found, and a quantitative analysis shows a good agreement with a theory based on the Rashba model. Moreover, the DW resistance measurement allows us to independently determine the strength of the Rashba effect and the DMI simultaneously, and the result implies a possible correlation between the Rashba effect, the DMI, and the symmetric Heisenberg exchange. Published by AIP Publishing.
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.