Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Development of an intrafascicular neural interface for peripheral nerve implantation
- Development of an intrafascicular neural interface for peripheral nerve implantation
- Chu, Nam Seon; Kang, Yoo Na; Kang, Ho Seong; Yun, Jeong Dae; Chun, Won Ju; Lee, Kyeong Jae; Moon, Hyun Min; Choi, Ik Kyu; Byun, Dong Hak; Song, In Ho; Moon, Dong Jun; Moon, Jin Hee; Lee, Byeong Han; Kim, Jung Suk; You, Sung Keun; Kim, So Hee
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, So Hee
- Issue Date
- 2017 International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, ICORR 2017, 847-850
- This paper describes an intrafascicular neural interface for peripheral nerve implantation. The flexible penetrating microelectrode array with varying lengths (vl-FPMA), interconnection cable, wireless recording and stimulator modules were designed and fabricated to detect neural signals from the peripheral nerves or to stimulate them. The vl-FPMA consisted of silicon needles and polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) platform supporting the needles. The length of electrode needles varied from 600 to 1000 μm. The interconnection cable was fabricated as parylene-metal-parylene sandwiched structure. The wireless recording/stimulation modules were also developed and connected with the electrodes. The integrated system was implanted in the sciatic nerve of beagles and the recording capability of the integrated system was demonstrated successfully. © 2017 IEEE.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Related Researcher
Kim, So Hee
Neural Interfaces & MicroSystems Lab
Neural interface; Neural stimulation; Bio MEMS; Stretchable electronics; Numerical simulation of implant-body interactions
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringNeural Interfaces & MicroSystems Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.