Cited 16 time in
Cited 17 time in
Robust tracking of robot manipulator with nonlinear friction using time delay control with gradient estimator
- Robust tracking of robot manipulator with nonlinear friction using time delay control with gradient estimator
- Han, Dong Ki; Chang, Pyung Hun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 24(8), 1743-1752
- Article Type
- Robust tracking control; Robot manipulator; Time delay control; Nonlinear friction; Gradient estimation
- We propose an enhanced controller to improve the robustness of Time Delay Control (TDC) for a robot manipulator in the presence of nonlinear friction, such as Coulomb friction. The problem of TDC is first analyzed with TDC as a trajectory control for a robot manipulator in the presence of nonlinear friction. Gradient estimation is used to solve this problem. The proposed controller is called TDC with Gradient Estimator (TDCGE). Comparing with a prior research to improve the robustness of TDC, named TDCSA, the TDCGE is much simpler to design. Through 1 DOF linear motor experiment, it is verified that the TDCGE is more robust against nonlinear friction than TDC and the TDCGE has a similar robustness to the TDCSA. In addition, it is confirmed that the TDCGE is easily implemented in the multi degree-of-freedom robot manipulator through a 3 DOF spatial robot manipulator experiment. © 2010 The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.