Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Patternable and Widely Colour-Tunable Elastomer-Based Electroluminescent Devices
- Patternable and Widely Colour-Tunable Elastomer-Based Electroluminescent Devices
- Song, Seong Kyu; Shim, Hyun Seok; Lim, Sang Kyoo; Jeong, Soon Moon
- DGIST Authors
- Shim, Hyun Seok; Lim, Sang Kyoo; Jeong, Soon Moon
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports, 8(1)
- Article Type
- Green-Copper Luminescence; Zinc-Sulfide Composite; Zns Powder Particles; Frequency-Dependence; Mechanism; Crystals; Polarization; Brightness; Phosphors; Displays
- We demonstrate wide colour tunability of polydimethylsiloxane-based alternating-current-driven electroluminescent devices with intrinsically stretchable characteristics achieved by simply modulating the electrical frequency. By employing both a screen-printed emitting layer and frequency-dependent colour tuning of ZnS:Cu-based phosphors, we demonstrate various coloured patterned images in a single device. We also show enhanced colour-tuning performance by mixing multi-colour phosphors, which results in a broad range of available coordinates in colour space. We believe that our demonstrated method could be used for manipulating broader colour expression as well as in various applications involving stretchable devices. © 2018 The Author(s).
- Nature Publishing Group
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.