Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
WIP abstract: Data-based Model of Metro Scheduling for Passenger Wait-time Optimization with Constraints
- WIP abstract: Data-based Model of Metro Scheduling for Passenger Wait-time Optimization with Constraints
- Kim, Minji; Yoon, Hee Jung; Son, Sang Hyuk; Eun, Yongsoon
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang Hyuk; Eun, Yongsoon
- Issue Date
- 10th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, ICCPS 2019, part of the 2019 CPS-IoT Week, 326-327
- This paper presents a data-based model for metro scheduling that aims to minimizes passenger wait time under constraints. In contrast to existing approaches that rely on a statistical model of passenger arrival, we develop a model based on real-world automated fare collection (AFC) data in a metro line of a Korean city for an extended period of time. The model consists of decomposing the travel time for each passenger into wait, ride, and walk times, clustering of passengers by trains they ride and also calculating the number of passengers in each train for any given time. Based on this, for a given train schedule, the total wait time of all the passengers for the entire AFC data period can be calculated. Finally, the minimization problem is formulated using the model under realistic constraints. Refining and validating each component of the model are currently underway before we solve the minimization problem. © 2019 Copyright held by the owner/author(s).
- Association for Computing Machinery, Inc
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringDSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.