Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Improved Adaptive PID Control Using Time-Delay Estimation for Robot Manipulators
- Improved Adaptive PID Control Using Time-Delay Estimation for Robot Manipulators
- Lee, Junyoung; Park, Sang Hyun; Chang, Pyung Hun; Suh, Jinho; Seo, Kap-Ho; Jin, Maolin
- DGIST Authors
- Chang, Pyung Hun
- Issue Date
- 16th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots, UR 2019, 87-91
- This paper proposes improved adaptive proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control based on a time-delay estimation (TDE)-based approach and a gain adaptation. In order to systematically obtain adaptive PID gains, TDE-based control scheme is proposed in conjunction with a gain dynamics and the equivalent relationship is derived between both control methods in the discrete-time domain. Using the derived relationship for adaptive PID gains, the improved adaptive PID control is constructed. In the proposed adaptive PID control, the gain dynamics effectively regulates PID gains according to system states, which compensates for the tracking errors caused by inadequate model-estimation. Consequently, the tracking accuracy is effectively improved compared with existing PID gain tuning methods, which is verified through experimental studies using an industrial-type robot. © 2019 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.