Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Torque Performance Enhancement of PM-Type Vernier Motor Utilizing Saddle Coil and Salient pole
- Torque Performance Enhancement of PM-Type Vernier Motor Utilizing Saddle Coil and Salient pole
- Chang, Sungwoo; Hirata, Katsuhiro; Niguchi, Noboru
- Issue Date
- 22nd International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, ICEMS 2019
- High performance motors typically use of rare earth magnets. However, rare earth magnets have disadvantages, including unstable material supply and price fluctuations. To reduce the number of permanent magnets, the torque density of a motor needs to be increased. To accomplish this, a double half permanent magnet type vernier motor is proposed. In this paper, a saddle coil permanent magnet vernier motor, in which the permanent magnet and coil in the stator of a double half permanent magnet type vernier motor is replaced by salient poles and saddle coils, is proposed. The characteristics are investigated. © 2019 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.