Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
Comparing Convolutional Neural Network(CNN) models for machine learning-based drone and bird classification of anti-drone system
- Comparing Convolutional Neural Network(CNN) models for machine learning-based drone and bird classification of anti-drone system
- Oh Hyun Min; Lee, Hyunki; Kim Min Young
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Hyunki
- Issue Date
- 19th International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, ICCAS 2019, 87-90
- As drones become more advanced and commercialized, crimes using drones are also on rise. For this reason, development of anti-drone systems is increasing. In this paper, CNN model is examined that is suitable for visible camera-based drone identification. The CNN models used for the validation are Alexnet, GoLeNet, Inception-v3 Vg16, Resnet-18, Resnet-50 and Squezezenet. These seven models have already been validated in the ImageNet Large Scale Visual Recognition Competition (ILSVRC). In ILSVRC, 1000 labels are classified, but in this study limits them to three drones, birds and backgrounds. Therefore, it is necessary to verify whether the three labels are the same as the ILSVRC result. In order to verify this, CNN models are learned and tested in the same environment. The experimental results show that the performance of Alexnet, Resnet and Squeeznet is relatively better then the others, unlike the performance of CNN known through ILSVRC. his result shows that a shallow network with a simple structure is more reasonable when the number of labels is small. Based on these results, the further work is to develop a neural network optimized for Drone identification. © 2019 Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems - ICROS.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Related Researcher
Machine Vision, Intelligent Robot, Design of Optical Systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Intelligent Robot2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.