Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Exception of Dominant Interfering Beam: Low Complex Beam Scheduling in Mmwave Networks
- Exception of Dominant Interfering Beam: Low Complex Beam Scheduling in Mmwave Networks
- Kim, Eunkyung; Kwak, Jeongho; Chong, Song
- DGIST Authors
- Kwak, Jeongho
- Issue Date
- 2020 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, WCNC 2020, 9120704
- We begin this paper by asking a simple question: All beams can be simultaneously activated thanks to the ignorable inter-beam interference and sharp beam shape in mmWave networks This paper provides a counter-intuitive observation that interference between one-hop adjacent beams still significantly affects the network performance in mmWave networks. Leveraging this observation, we revisit an optimization of interbeam scheduling problem in a network-wide mmWave system on top of a physical layer precoding technique and suggest practical and low-complex beam on/off scheduling and corresponding user scheduling algorithms. Finally, via simulations in a real mmWave network environment, we reveal that the proposed algorithm attains close to the performance of an optimal policy which has much higher computational complexity. © 2020 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Intelligent Computing & Networking Laboratory
클라우드 컴퓨팅; 엣지컴퓨팅; 네트워크 자원관리; 모바일 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringIntelligent Computing & Networking Laboratory2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.