Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Varying mass estimation and force ripple compensation using Extended Kalman Filter for linear motor systems
- Varying mass estimation and force ripple compensation using Extended Kalman Filter for linear motor systems
- Kim, Jong Hwan; Choi, Sei Bum; Cho, Kwang Hyun; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- 42nd Conference of the Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2016, 5131-5136
- In many industrial fields, the mass information of a moving system is important and necessary to prevent undesired motion or failure and to control the system in its desired trajectory. One simple solution could be direct measurement of the mass using a sensor such as force sensor and accelerometer. However, it requires additional cost increase. In addition, it is not easy to measure the mass of a moving part in many cases. For those reasons, in this research, an online varying mass estimation algorithm is designed using an Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) without any additional sensors. Furthermore, the lumped disturbance compensating algorithm, which was designed by the authors in the previous research using EKF, is combined to obtain further position tracking performance. The effectiveness of the suggested method is validated through simulations. Additional verification with experiments is planned for future work. © 2016 IEEE.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Related Researcher
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.