Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Scaffold-type microrobots for targeted cell delivery
- Scaffold-type microrobots for targeted cell delivery
- Kim, Sang Won; Ha, Shin Won; Lee, Seung Min; Qiu, Famin; Choi, Hong Soo; Yu, Seong Woon; Nelson, Bradley J.
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Sang Won; Ha, Shin Won; Lee, Seung Min; Choi, Hong Soo; Yu, Seong Woon
- Issue Date
- 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence, URAI 2015, 526-527
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Scaffold-type microrobots, magnetic porous structures, were developed for drug delivery or transportation of cells. The cylindrical, hexahedral scaffold-type microrobots were fabricated by a 3D laser lithography system and a sputtering system. Fabricated scaffold-type microrobots were magnetically manipulated with 8 hemispherical electromagnetic coils system, which can control the position and orientation of microrobots in three dimensional (3D) fluid environments. The cylindrical, hexahedral microrobots were pulled by magnetic field gradient, and their translational velocities were about 50 μm/s, and 35 μm/s as maximum velocity under the 800 mT/m. This research would be used for targeted cell transportation and drug delivery tools for future therapeutic applications. © 2015 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Yu, Seong Woon
Laboratory of Neuronal Cell Death
Molecular mechanisms of neuronal cell death and neurodegeneration
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab2. Conference Papers
Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesLaboratory of Neuronal Cell Death2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.