Cited 0 time in
Cited 13 time in
A honey bee swarm-inspired cooperation algorithm for foraging swarm robots: An empirical analysis
- A honey bee swarm-inspired cooperation algorithm for foraging swarm robots: An empirical analysis
- Lee, Jong Hyun; Ahn, Chang Wook; An, Jin Ung
- DGIST Authors
- An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- 2013 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics: Mechatronics for Human Wellbeing, AIM 2013, 489-493
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Operating swarm robots has the virtues of improved performance, fault tolerance, distributed sensing, and so on. Although, high overall system cost is the main barrier in managing a system of foraging swarm robots. Moreover, its control algorithm should be scalable and reliable as the foraging (search) spaces become wider. This paper analyzes a nature-inspired cooperative method to reduce the operating costs of the foraging swarm robots through simulation experiments. The method employs a behavioral model of honey bee swarm to improve the energy efficiency in collecting crops or minerals. Experiments demonstrate the effectiveness of the approach. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
Brain Robot Interaction Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.