Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
A tree based self-routing scheme for mobility support in Wireless Sensor Networks
- A tree based self-routing scheme for mobility support in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Kim, Young Duk; Yang, Yeon Mo; Kang, Won Seok; Kim, Jin Wook; An, Jin Ung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Young Duk; Kang, Won Seok; Kim, Jin Wook; An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- 1st International Conference on Mobile Lightweight Systems, MOBILIGHT 2009, 13 LNICST, 114-124
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Recently, WSNs (Wireless Sensor Networks) with mobile robot is a growing technology that offer efficient communication services for anytime and anywhere applications. However, the tiny sensor node has very limited network resources due to its low battery power, low data rate, node mobility, and channel interference constraint between neighbors. Thus, in this paper, we proposed a tree based self-routing protocol for autonomous mobile robots based on beacon mode and implemented in real test-bed environments. The proposed scheme offers beacon based real-time scheduling for reliable association process between parent and child nodes. In addition, it supports smooth handover procedure by reducing flooding overhead of control packets. Throughout the performance evaluation by using a real test-bed system and simulation, we illustrate that our proposed scheme demonstrates promising performance for wireless sensor networks with mobile robots. © ICST Institute for Computer Sciences.© Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering 2010.
- Springer Verlag
- Related Researcher
An, Jin Ung
Brain Robot Interaction Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Convergence Research Center for Wellness2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.