Cited 0 time in
Cited 23 time in
Portable fire evacuation guide robot system
- Portable fire evacuation guide robot system
- Kim, Young Duk; Kim, Yoon Gu; Lee, Seung Hyun; Kang, Jeong Ho; An, Jin Ung
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Young Duk; Kim, Yoon Gu; An, Jin Ung
- Issue Date
- 2009 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS 2009, 2789-2794
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Robot technology is emerging for applications in disaster prevention with devices such as fire-fighting robots, rescue robots, and surveillance robots. In this paper, we suggest an portable fire evacuation guide robot system that can be thrown into a fire site to gather environmental information, search displaced people, and evacuate them from the fire site. This spool-like small and light mobile robot can be easily carried and remotely controlled by means of a laptop-sized tele-operator. It contains the following functional units: a camera to capture the fire site; sensors to gather temperature data, CO gas, and O2 concentrations; and a microphone with speaker for emergency voice communications between firefighter and victims. The robot's design gives its high-temperature protection, excellent waterproofing, and high impact resistance. Laboratory tests were performed for evaluating the performance of the proposed evacuation guide robot system. © 2009 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
An, Jin Ung
Brain Robot Interaction Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.