Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
A study on the measurement technique of image retention in AC plasma display panels
- A study on the measurement technique of image retention in AC plasma display panels
- Do, Yun Seon; Kim, Sang Ho; Choi, Kyung Cheol
- DGIST Authors
- Do, Yun Seon
- Issue Date
- Journal of Display Technology, 4(2), 238-244
- Article Type
- AC Plasma Display Panels; Dark Image; Discharge (Fluid Mechanics); Electric Discharges; Fluid Mechanics; Image Retention; Image Sticking Phenomenon; Infrared (IR); Infrared (IR) Emissions; Infrared Emission; IR Emissions; Iridium; Luminance; Measurement Techniques; Measurements; Optical Properties; Plasma (Human); Plasma Display Devices; Plasma Display Panel (PDP); Plasmas; Reset Discharge; Rising Time; Suitable Measurement; Temporal Behaviors; Temporal Image Sticking
- A technique for quantitatively measuring the image retention is suggested. This work focuses on dark image retention, which occurs during the reset period. To investigate the dark image retention phenomenon, characteristics of reset discharge were observed in accordance with the slope of the reset pulse. The temporal behaviors of luminance, chromatistic values, and infra red emission were observed with the black-level image after a five-minute repeatedly strong discharge. The image retention time of the luminance and chromatistic values increased with a decrease in the rising time of the reset ramp pulse. For the case of infrared (IR) emission, there was no clear tendency, in contrast with the image retention or temporal image sticking phenomenon. The results indicate that measurement of the temporal behaviors of luminance and chromatistic values provide suitable measurement for investigating the image retention in AC plasma display panels (PDPs), whereas the IR emission does not provide a useful guide in this regard. © 2008 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.