Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A novel high sensitive laser diode sensor based on micro-cavity
- A novel high sensitive laser diode sensor based on micro-cavity
- Kim, Hong-Seung; Park, Jung-Min; Kim, Sung-Bock; Kim, Chil-Min; Oh, Kwang-Ryong
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hong-Seung; Kim, Chil-Min
- Issue Date
- Integrated Optics: Devices, Materials, and Technologies XX, 9750
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we have proposed and demonstrated a high sensitive half ring laser sensor with a deep etched-sensing region based on III-V semiconductor. A whispering gallery mode propagates along the deep etched boundary of the HRL by the deep etched mirror at the edge of the HRL. In addition, the lasing direction of the proposed sensors is controlled by the reflection coefficient of the deep etched mirror at the side of the micro-cavity. The proposed sensors have advantages that an enhanced Q-factor by a stimulated emission and a controllable lasing direction for simplified alignment system. Additionally, the ultra-small variation of the effective refractive index according to molecules interactions could be sensitively detected with the proposed sensors using by a long evanescent field at the deep etched sensing region. © 2016 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Chil Min
Micro Laser Laboratory
Laser; Nonlinear Dynamics; Quantum Chaos; Microcavity Laser
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceMicro Laser Laboratory2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.