Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Implementation of age and gender recognition system for intelligent digital signage
- Implementation of age and gender recognition system for intelligent digital signage
- Lee, Sang-Heon; Sohn, Myoung-Kyu; Kim, Hyunduk
- DGIST Authors
- Sohn, Myoung-Kyu
- Issue Date
- 8th International Conference on Machine Vision, ICMV 2015
- Intelligent digital signage systems transmit customized advertising and information by analyzing users and customers, unlike existing system that presented advertising in the form of broadcast without regard to type of customers. Currently, development of intelligent digital signage system has been pushed forward vigorously. In this study, we designed a system capable of analyzing gender and age of customers based on image obtained from camera, although there are many different methods for analyzing customers. We conducted age and gender recognition experiments using public database. The age/gender recognition experiments were performed through histogram matching method by extracting Local binary patterns (LBP) features after facial area on input image was normalized. The results of experiment showed that gender recognition rate was as high as approximately 97% on average. Age recognition was conducted based on categorization into 5 age classes. Age recognition rates for women and men were about 67% and 68%, respectively when that conducted separately for different gender. © 2015 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.