Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
A 0.5-V sub-MuW/channel neural recording IC with delta-modulation-based spike detection
- A 0.5-V sub-MuW/channel neural recording IC with delta-modulation-based spike detection
- Kim, Seong-Jin; Liu, Lei; Yao, Lei; Goh, Wang Ling; Gao, Yuan; Je, Minkyu
- DGIST Authors
- Je, Minkyu
- Issue Date
- 2014 10th IEEE Asian Solid-State Circuits Conference, A-SSCC 2014, 189-192
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- A neural recording IC with a new spike detection scheme is proposed to minimize power dissipation while preserving the waveform information of the detected spikes. A delta modulator is employed in the recording IC to reduce signal dynamic range and enable low-voltage operation. A series of output values from the delta modulator are stored in a small amount of analog memory to extract two key features of the neural signal - amplitude and frequency, which are used for accurate spike detection. Using the stored delta values, the precise spike waveform information can be conserved. A prototype recording IC with 16 channels has been fabricated using 0.18-μm CMOS technology. Measurement results demonstrate the spike detection capability successfully. The fabricated IC consumes only 0.88 μW/channel at 0.5-V supply. © 2014 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringIMPACT Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.