Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Synthesis and characterization of double-doped bismuth oxide electrolytes for lower temperature SOFC application
- Synthesis and characterization of double-doped bismuth oxide electrolytes for lower temperature SOFC application
- Rutha, A.L.; Lee, K.T.; Clitesa, M.C.; Wachsmana, E.D.
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, K.T.
- Issue Date
- Symposium on Solid State Ionic Devices 10 - 2014 ECS and SMEQ Joint International Meeting, 64(2), 135-141
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- High ionic conductivity double-doped bismuth oxide materials were synthesized using solid state and wet chemical methods to achieve lower total doping while maintaining phase stability. The ionic conductivity for Dy-Gd stabilized bismuth oxide (DGSB), Dy-W stabilized bismuth oxide (DWSB), and Dy-Ce stabilized bismuth oxide (DCSB) at 650°C are measured to be 0.94 S/cm, 0.53 S/cm, and 0.45 S/cm respectively. The nanopowder forms were incorporated into a bilayer electrolyte and successfully sintered dense onto a prefabricated anode and single electrolyte substrate. DGSB achieved the highest power density of 1.31 W/cm2, twice that of the single-doped erbium stabilized bismuth oxide case with the same configuration (0.60 W/cm2) as a result in the improvement in conductivity over the single-doped case. Copyright © 2014 by The Electrochemical Society All rights reserved.
- Electrochemical Society Inc.
- Related Researcher
AECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)
Advanced energy conversion and storage systems; Solid-state Electrochemical Energy Devices; All solid-state batteries; low-temperature solid oxide fuel cells(SOFCs); 신 에너지 변환 및 저장 시스템; Solid-state Electrochemical Energy Devices; 차세대 전고체 이차전지(solid-state batteries) 및 저온화 고체산화물 연료전지(LT-SOFCs)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.