Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
A switched-system approach to shared robust control and obstacle avoidance for mobile robots
- A switched-system approach to shared robust control and obstacle avoidance for mobile robots
- Jin, Jingfu; Gans, Nicholas; Kim, Yoon-Gu; Wee, Sung-Gil
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Yoon-Gu
- Issue Date
- ASME 2014 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, DSCC 2014, 3
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- We propose a shared control structure for nonholonomic mobile robots, in which a human operator can command motions that override autonomous operation, and the robot overrides either the teleoperation or autonomous controller if it encounters an obstacle. We divide the whole configuration, including orientation, space into an obstacle avoidance and an obstaclefree region. This enables a switched-system approach to switch between autonomous and teleoperation mode, or the obstacle avoidance and the obstacle-free region. To reject disturbances or noise present in the error dynamics, two different robust control laws are proposed using a high gain and a variable structure approach. Lyapunov-based stability analysis is provided. To rigorously test the approach under different circumstances, experiments have been conducted by two different research groups. The results from two groups show that the shared control approach works effectively both in the teleoperation mode and autonomous mode with different system settings and environments. © 2014 by ASME.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.