Cited 0 time in
Cited 3 time in
Performance analysis of sensor fusion models for brake pedal in a brake-by-wire system
- Performance analysis of sensor fusion models for brake pedal in a brake-by-wire system
- Jo, Minsu; Baek, Youngmi; Kang, Ki-Dong; Lee, Seonghun; Son, Sang Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Jo, Minsu; Lee, Seonghun; Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 31st IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, AINA 2017, 757-763
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper focuses on analyzing the performance of sensor fusion models for a brake pedal in electromechanical braking (EMB) systems. To properly control a brake, a signal obtained from a pedal is important and must be stable. Sensor fusion models can be used to make the pedal signal more stable and resilient against the abnormalities. In this work, a pedal sensor and a pedal effort sensor are exploited for the sensor fusion to control the brake. Then, we analyze the performance of each fusion model (e.g., average method, moving average method, median filter, iterative filter, and Marzullo's algorithm) in various fault scenarios. We propose the hybrid method using multiple models to have the better resiliency and to detect the faulty sensor as well. For the practical experiments, we employ the real measurement data set obtained from a vehicle at different speeds. Then, its fused result is validated using EMB system test bench to confirm how the fused result influences on the motor of the brake. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.