Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
How User Entrep16-ITSucceed: The Role of Entrepreneur's Caliber and Networking Ability in Korean User Entrepreneurship
- How User Entrep16-ITSucceed: The Role of Entrepreneur's Caliber and Networking Ability in Korean User Entrepreneurship
- Yun, Jinhyo Joseph; Park, Kyung Bae
- DGIST Authors
- Yun, Jinhyo Joseph
- Issue Date
- Science, Technology and Society, 21(3), 391-409
- Article Type
- User innovation is a new economic paradigm that has the ability to create a new engine for social and economic development. Furthermore, many users are not limited to their role as a user but evolve into business starters, thus becoming user entrepreneurs. This study aimed to reveal the important factors of successful user entrepreneurship by closely investigating two successful Korean user entrepreneurship cases. Based on this study’s findings, the importance of an entrepreneur’s caliber and networking ability was found. An entrepreneur’s innovation ability from expert knowledge and great familiarity and experience with the business as a user coupled with a strong will to entrepreneurship was the most important success factor at the early stage. In further developing user innovation technologically and commercially, the most important factor was an entrepreneur’s networking ability that can give access to complementary assets for successful development and commercialisation. With this, the innovation community—composed of related users and producers—has played a crucial role in the successful entrepreneurial process. © 2016, © 2016 SAGE Publications.
- Sage Publications India Pvt. Ltd
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.