Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
Effects of a Pretreatment on Al-Doped ZnO Thin Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition
- Effects of a Pretreatment on Al-Doped ZnO Thin Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition
- Ko, Byoung-Soo; Lee, Sang-Ju; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Dae-Hwan; Hwang, Dae-Kue
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15(3), 2432-2435
- Article Type
- Al-Doped ZnO; Al Doped ZnO Thin Films; ALD; Aluminum; Atomic Layer Deposition; Carrier Concentration; Deposition; Doping Concentration; Energy Gap; H2O; Infrared Devices; Nano-Structures; Nanostructure; Optical Properties; Pre-Treatment; Pre-Treatment Process; Semiconductor Doping; Substrates; TCO; Thin-Films; Visible and Near Infrared; X Ray Diffraction; Zinc Oxide
- In this study, we investigated the electrical, structural, and optical properties of Al-doped ZnO (AZO) thin films approximately 50 nm thick grown by atomic layer deposition (ALD) on glass substrates at 200°C. An H2O pretreatment was conducted for all AZO samples. The electrical properties of the AZO thin film were improved after the pretreatment process. The Al doping concentrations were controlled by inserting an Al2O3 cycle after every "n" ZnO cycles while varying n from 99 to 16. As the doping concentration increases, the resistivity decreases and the optical band gap increases. When the Al2O3 cycle ratio is 5%, the electrical resistivity showed the lowest value of 4.66 × 10-3 Ω cm. A carrier concentration of 1.10 × 1020 cm-3, the optical transmittance exceeding 90% were obtained in the visible and near-infrared region. The thin film was strongly textured along the (100) direction in the X-ray diffraction patterns. Copyright © 2015 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.