Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Robust heart rate detection method using UWB impulse radar
- Robust heart rate detection method using UWB impulse radar
- Cho, Hui-Sup; Park, Young-Jin; Lyu, Hong-Kun
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, Hui-Sup; Lyu, Hong-Kun
- Issue Date
- 2016 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence, ICTC 2016, 1138-1142
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Non-invasive and non-restrictive methods for measuring the physiological functions of the human body are useful for both patients and healthy people and improve the quality of life. Among the various methods of this type, one practical option involves the use of radar technology. In this paper, considering the issues of low power consumption, low implementation complexity, and safety with regard to exposure to the human body, a new method that detects the human heartbeat by utilizing an ultra wideband (UWB) impulse radar is proposed. Further, a spectral analysis that minimizes the effect of the unintended movement of the human body is presented to enhance the accuracy in detecting heart rates. In the experiment for verifying the accuracy of the proposed algorithm, an apparatus that imitates the movement of the rib cage due to heartbeats is utilized for ensuring reproducibility and repeatability. The proposed algorithm has shown that the frequency of weak rhythm in the radar signal contaminated by artifacts due to the movement of the target can be estimated with an accuracy of 98.7 %. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.