Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Simple ambulatory gait monitoring system using a single IMU for various daily-life gait activities
- Simple ambulatory gait monitoring system using a single IMU for various daily-life gait activities
- Song, Minsu; Kim, Jonghyun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Jonghyun
- Issue Date
- 3rd IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics, BHI 2016, 430-433
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- The gait monitoring during daily-life is promising measure to predict mortality, functional decline and fall risk, and classification of gait activities has the possibility for further clinical usage. This paper introduces a simple ambulatory gait monitoring system using a single IMU attached on foot. The system consist of gait parameter estimation and simple gait activity classification algorithm based on characteristics of foot behavior in major gait activities of daily-life, such as leveled, ramp, and stair walk. Through experiment with five healthy subjects, the estimated gait parameters and the classification were verified by motion capture system and video recordings. The results showed that the proposed IMU-based gait monitoring is applicable with leveled, ramp, and stair walk, and its accuracy is acceptable comparing with existing complicated gait monitoring methods. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringREL(Rehabilitation Engineering Laboratory)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.