Cited 0 time in
Cited 24 time in
Automatic configuration of random access channel parameters in LTE systems
- Automatic configuration of random access channel parameters in LTE systems
- Choi, Seunghyun; Lee, Wonbo; Kim, Dongmyoung; Park, Kyung-Joon; Choi, Sunghyun; Han, Ki-Young
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- 2011 IFIP Wireless Days, WD 2011, 1(1)
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In 3G long term evolution (LTE) systems, the random access channel (RACH) is used for initial access, resource request, and handover. Since the random access delay is determined by the arrival rate of the random access preambles and the number of RACH subframes, we should configure the number of RACH subframes given the arrival rate in order to guarantee the delay performance. In this work, by carefully taking account of a tradeoff between the number of RACH subframes and the random access delay, we present an optimization formulation that minimizes the number of RACH subframes for a given delay requirement. Furthermore, since the arrival rate of the random access preambles is time varying in reality, we further propose an estimation scheme for the arrival rate by reflecting the periodicity and the correlation between recent and future arrival rates. Our simulation results show that the proposed scheme for tuning the RACH subframes gives very promising network performance under time-varying environments. © 2011 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Park, Kyung Joon
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.