Cited 26 time in
Cited 28 time in
A High-Precision Motion Control Based on a Periodic Adaptive Disturbance Observer in a PMLSM
- A High-Precision Motion Control Based on a Periodic Adaptive Disturbance Observer in a PMLSM
- Cho, Kwang Hyun; Kim, Jong Hwa; Ben Choi, Seibum; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 20(5), 2158-2171
- Article Type
- MAGNET LINEAR MOTORS; FRICTION COMPENSATION; ROBUST-CONTROL; FORCE COMPENSATION; REPETITIVE CONTROL; DESIGN; FEEDBACK; RIPPLE
- This paper presents a novel disturbance compensation scheme to attenuate periodic disturbances on repetitive motion using permanent magnet linear synchronous motors (PMLSMs), and this scheme is called the periodical adaptive disturbance observer. The scheme is based on assumptions that all measured states and disturbances are periodic and repetitive when the tasks executed by PMLSM motion systems have periodic and repetitive characteristics. In the proposed control scheme, a lumped disturbance is estimated by the classical linear disturbance observer (DOB) for the initial time period and stored in memory storages. It consists of parametric errors multiplied by states, friction force, and force ripple, and then, it is updated for each time period by the periodic adaptation law. This scheme requires no mathematical models of disturbances and adaptation laws of model parameters such as the mass of the mover and viscous friction coefficient. Also, it is possible to compensate for disturbances above as well as below the bandwidth of the Q-filter (LPF) of DOB. The effectiveness of the proposed control scheme is verified by various experiments that take into account varying frequency components of disturbances along the operating speed of a mover of PMLSM such as force ripple and friction force. © 2015 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.