Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
흰쥐 삼차신경감각핵에서 P2X3와 TRPV1의 공존에 관한 연구
- 흰쥐 삼차신경감각핵에서 P2X3와 TRPV1의 공존에 관한 연구
- Translated Title
- Coexpression of P2X3 with TRPV1 in the Rat Trigeminal Sensory Nuclei
- 문용석; 김홍태; 배용철; 류창현; 조이슬; 박매자; 백상규; 문제일; 김윤숙
- DGIST Authors
- Issue Date
- 한국현미경학회지, 38(3), 151-157
- P2X3; TRPV1; Trigeminal ganglion; Trigeminal caudalis; Immunofluorescence
- Trigeminal primary afferents expressing P2X3 or transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) are involved in the
transmission of nociceptive information. In order to characterize P2X3- and TRPV1-immunopositive neurons in the trigeminal
ganglion (TG) and trigeminal caudal nucleus (Vc), we performed immunofluorescence experiments using anti-
P2X3 and anti-TRPV1 antisera and a morphometric analysis.
77.4% (1,401/1,801) of all the P2X3-postive neurons coexpressed TRPV1 and 51.9% (1,401/2,698) of all the TRPV1-
immunopositive neurons also costained for P2X3 in the TG. Immunoreactivity for both P2X3 and TRPV1 were present in
medium-sized neurons but not in small- and large-sized neurons. P2X3- and/or TRPV1-immunopositive fibers were observed
in the primary afferents and their associated axons in the Vc. These fibers and terminals were distributed in the
superficial lamina of Vc: P2X3-immunopositive fibers and terminals were distributed in the lamina I and II, expecially in
the inner part of lamina II (lamina IIi), whereas TRPV1-immunopositive ones were densely detected in the lamina I and
outer part of lamina II (lamina IIo). Immunopositive fibers and terminals for both P2X3 and TRPV1 were observed on the
border between lamina IIi and IIo.
These results suggest that terminals coexpressing P2X3 and TRPV1 are involved in specific roles in the transmission
and processing of orofacial nociceptive information.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesMoon Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.