Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Mechanical analysis of mass drifts due to accelerations and decelerations of mobile platforms
- Mechanical analysis of mass drifts due to accelerations and decelerations of mobile platforms
- Shin, Dong Hwan; Jin, Sung Ho; Bae, Jun Hyung; Jeong, Choong Pyo; Lee, Kel Seh; Jung, Woo Young
- DGIST Authors
- Shin, Dong Hwan; Jin, Sung Ho; Jung, Woo Young
- Issue Date
- 14th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence, URAI 2017, 255-257
- In the mobile platforms such as legged platforms and wheeled platforms, there is a mass drift due to the acceleration and deceleration. This mass drift induces a rotating pitch angle based on an axis of mass center. In the mobile platforms, if the front or rear driving axis such as wheels and legs axis does not contact with the terrain, then the driving power does not contribute to get the traction forces with the low efficiency. Further, if the mass drifts and induced pitch angles are bigger than a certain threshold value, then there is the pitch-over phenomenon with the mechanical damages to mobile platforms. In order to reduce the mass drifts of mobile platform, in this paper, we describe mechanical analysis of mass drifts due to the acceleration and deceleration of mobile platforms. Firstly, we describe the analysis of mass drift amounts due to acceleration and deceleration. Then, we propose the design guides of mobile platform for reducing the mass drift amounts. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Jung, Woo Young
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.