Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Development of active controllable tumor targeting bacteriobot
- Development of active controllable tumor targeting bacteriobot
- Han, Ji Won; Park, Jong Oh; Park, Suk Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Suk Ho
- Issue Date
- Microbiorobotics: Biologically Inspired Microscale Robotic Systems: Second Edition, 39-60
- Article Type
- Book Chapter
- This chapter introduces tumor-targeting bacteriobots. In the first part, the fabrication of microstructures as a theragnostic part of the bacteriobot using biocompatible materials, such as poly lactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA), and poly ethylene glycol (PEG), is explained. Then, the motility control of bacteriobots is explained. At the end of the chapter, the tumor-targeting property of bacteriobots is evaluated through in vitro and in vivo tests. This chapter contains protocols and procedures of the fabrication methods and surface chemical modifications of microstructures using diverse biocompatible materials, an evaluation of the bacteriobot's motility methods using a chemotactic microfluidic chamber, and the evaluation of tumor-targeting properties through in vitro or in vivo experiments. © 2017 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Inc.
- Related Researcher
Multiscale Biomedical Robotics Laboratory
Biomedical Micro/Nano Robotics; Biomedical Devices and Instruments
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMultiscale Biomedical Robotics Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.