Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Biochemical and NMR Characterization of MTH1880 Mutant Proteins for Folding-Unfolding Studies
- Biochemical and NMR Characterization of MTH1880 Mutant Proteins for Folding-Unfolding Studies
- Kim, Hee Youn; Ryu, Soo Young; Yun, Ji Hye; Kim, Suhk Mann; Chang, Ik Soo; Lee, Weon Tae
- DGIST Authors
- Chang, Ik Soo
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 31(12), 3521-3524
- Article Type
- MTH1880; Protein folding; NMR; Circular dichroism
- MTH1880 is a hypothetical protein derived from Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum, thermophilic methanogen. The solution structure determined by NMR spectroscopy showed that it has a novel α+β-fold with a highly acidic ligand binding pocket. Since MTH1880 maintains its ultra-stable structural characteristics at both high temperature and pressure, it has been considered as an excellent model for studying protein folding. To initiate the structural and folding study of MTH1880 in proving its unusual stability, we performed the site directed mutagenesis and biochemical analysis of MTH1880 mutants. Data from circular dichroism and NMR spectroscopy suggest that the point mutations perturbed the structural stability of protein even though the secondary structure is retained. This study will provide the useful information in understanding the role of participating residues during folding-unfolding process and our result will be used in designing further folding experiments for hyper-thermopile proteins like MTH1880.
- Related Researcher
Chang, Ik Soo
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Laboratory
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics; Supercomputing Simulation of Biomolecules; 이론?계산 생물물리학; 통계물리학; 단백질체의 슈퍼컴퓨터 모델링 및 시물레이션
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesTheoretical and Computational Biophysics Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.