Cited 13 time in
Cited 13 time in
p-Type Doping and Compensation in ZnO
- p-Type Doping and Compensation in ZnO
- Lee, Woo Jin; Kang, Joon Goo; Chang, K. J.
- DGIST Authors
- Kang, Joon Goo
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 53(1), 196-201
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- ZnO; p-type doping; Electronic structure
- Doping control is an important issue in wideband gap semiconductors such as nitrides and oxides that can be characterized by doping asymmetry, indicating that it is difficult to achieve both low-resistivity p- and n-type semiconductors. Despite theoretical predictions that group-V acceptors have high activation energies, p-type ZnO doped with N, P, As and Sb has been experimentally realized with a maximum hole concentration reaching 10 19 cm-3. Recently, p-type conduction was also reported in ZnO doped with Li impurities. Based on the results of first-principles theoretical calculations, the electronic structure of various defects related to group-V and group-I dopants, the compensation mechanism of acceptors and the origin of p-type conduction in ZnO are discussed. Finally, control of p-type doping is examined with a focus on the activation of acceptors by co-doping with two different dopant sources and by hydrogenation followed by annealing.Finally, control of p-type doping is examined with a focus on the activation of acceptors by co-doping with two di erent dopant sources and by hydrogenation followed by annealing.
- The Korean Physical Society
- Related Researcher
Computational Materials Theory Group
Computational Materials Science ＆ Materials Design; Nanomaterials for Energy Applications; Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceComputational Materials Theory Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.