Cited 26 time in
Cited 26 time in
Carbonyl iron particles dispersed in a polymer solution and their rheological characteristics under applied magnetic field
- Carbonyl iron particles dispersed in a polymer solution and their rheological characteristics under applied magnetic field
- Kim, Min Su; Liu, Ying Dan; Park, Bong Jun; You, Chun-Yeol; Choi, Hyoung Jin
- DGIST Authors
- You, Chun-Yeol
- Issue Date
- Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 18(2), 664-667
- Article Type
- Magnetorheological fluid; Polymer solution; Carbonyl iron; Suspension
- In order to examine dispersion properties of magnetorheological (MR) fluids, characteristics of its medium oil such as their rheological property and density are being focused in this study. Carbonyl iron (CI) based MR fluid with an aqueous polymeric solution using poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO) as a medium was prepared. MR characteristics as a function of applied magnetic field strength was investigated using a rotational rheometer with MR devices attached, demonstrating that the characteristics of the CI-PEO based MR fluids were affected by a medium viscosity in a steady shear flow. © 2011 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry.
- Related Researcher
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.