Cited 52 time in
Cited 52 time in
A gel polymer electrolyte based on initiator-free photopolymerization for lithium secondary batteries
- A gel polymer electrolyte based on initiator-free photopolymerization for lithium secondary batteries
- Ryou, Myung-Hyun; Lee, Yong Min; Cho, Kuk Young; Han, Gi-Beom; Lee, Je-Nam; Lee, Dong Jin; Choi, Jang Wook; Park, Jung-Ki
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Yong Min
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, 60, 23-30
- Article Type
- Thiol; Acrylate; Photopolymerization; Gel polymer electrolyte (GPE); Lithium secondary batteries; CROSS-LINKING; ION BATTERY; INTERFACIAL ENHANCEMENT; MECHANICAL-PROPERTIES; NONWOVEN MATRIX; NETWORK POLYMER; PVDF; MEMBRANES; SYSTEM; CELLS
- Highly ion-conductive gel polymer electrolyte (GPE) with mechanical flexibility is developed by incorporating liquid electrolyte into polymer films that are fabricated by initiator-free photopolymerization of poly(ethylene glycol) dimethacrylate (acrylate monomer) and pentaerythritol tetrakis (3-mercaptopropionate) (thiol monomer) blend. When UV is irradiated on the blend, the thiol monomers themselves produce radicals to initiate the polymerization. GPEs with 40-50 wt.% of thiol monomer content show mechanically free standing characteristics with sufficient flexibility. The ionic conductivity of the GPE reaches1.1 × 10 -3 S cm -1 at 25 °C and is thus high enough to be applied for lithium secondary batteries. The GPE is electrochemically stable up to 4.4 V versus Li/Li + and the unit cells consisting of LiCoO 2/GPE/lithium metal show good cycling performance. This GPE is thus considered a good electrolyte candidate for future flexible and wearable lithium secondary batteries. © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Pergamon Press Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringBattery Materials & Systems LAB1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.