Cited 15 time in
Cited 17 time in
Anti-windup compensator for active queue management in TCP networks
- Anti-windup compensator for active queue management in TCP networks
- Park, Kyung-Joon; Lim, Hyuk; Basar, Tamer; Choi, Chong-Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- Control Engineering Practice, 11(10), 1127-1142
- Article Type
- active queue management; TCP congestion control; proportional-integral control; anti-windup method
- In this paper, we apply a dynamic anti-windup scheme for improving the performance of a conventional proportional-integral (PI) controller for active queue management (AQM) supporting TCP flows. When a PI controller is used for AQM, the windup phenomenon of the integral action can cause performance degradation because the packet drop probability is limited between 0 and 1. Therefore we suggest a TCP/AQM model with a saturating actuator and apply a dynamic anti-windup method for improving the performance of the conventional PI AQM scheme. The proposed scheme not only provides graceful performance degradation, but also guarantees the stability of the overall system with the linearized TCP model. We verify the performance of the proposed scheme through ns-2 simulations. The simulation results show that our scheme outperforms the conventional PI controller when the traffic load is not stationary, which is always the case in real network environment. © 2003 Elsevier Science Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Cyber-Physical Systems; 무선 센서-액츄에이터 네트워크; 스마트 팩토리
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.